Wednesday 13 January 2016

SPSN Staff Take On Studies

L-R Benson, Jesslyn and Navara before their departure.
“The Strongim Pipol Strongim Nesen (SPSN) Program has definitely had an impact in my study program and eventually career path, it broadened my mind on areas of development such as Education, Health and Gender,” said Navara Kiene.
She is one of three SPSN Staff who will be leaving for studies in Australia come January 2016.
Navara will be doing her graduate studies in Masters in Development Practice at the University of Queensland in Brisbane.
She says SPSN has developed her interest in Governance and how we can better bring out development, adding how we do it is just as important as what we do.
This is the same story for Jesslyn Paul and Benson Hahambu who are also recipients of the Australia Awards Scholarship who will undertake Masters of Project Management and Masters in Development Studies respectively.
Jesslyn will be studying at the Wollongong University in New South Wales while Benson will be studying at Murdoch University in Perth, Western Australia.
Jesslyn says SPSN has helped shaped her path; “Priorities change in life and people move on but the SPSN experience will always stay with me, there's no better program than SPSN.”
Benson adds that while with SPSN he has achieved a big milestone in his career and is leaving with a great deal of experience.
“My greatest milestone achieved with SPSN was to actually see funding for all seven Key Partners being approved and released under my capacity as the Key Partner Coordinator. I am leaving SPSN with a great deal of experience in coordinating funding grants and project management. I would like to really thank the SPSN Senior Management Team for the support and advice given to me this year and I also extend my gratitude to all the SPSN Staff,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment